I don’t really use Twitter for much, but I know several clients over the last couple of years who do. And over that time I’ve learned a lot about what makes an effective Tweet. To help those who want to really see growth in their Twitter accounts here are 5 tips to help you Tweet better:
- Tweet on Saturdays and/or Sundays, between 1 – 6 pm (depending on your time-zone)
- Include the ‘@’ sign. Target a brand or people you really think will engage. It helps reach their followers, but over doing it can have the adverse effect.
- Include the hash ‘#’ sign. Reference at least one topic, but not more than two.
- Add ‘Retweet’ or ‘RT’ to the end of your Tweet. Retweet is more effective than RT.
- Keep space in your Tweet so if your Tweet is Retweeted there is space for it to show.